The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Color code for roof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I just had a moment of stupidity and scratched my roof pretty deep. What's the color code for our roofs so I can get touch up paint? I'm going to try and buff and seal it with wax but I think its deep enough that professional work might be necessary. Had to walk away so no picture at the moment.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
So sorry to see this. I checked my door jam sticker and only the body color L6 for Kona Blue is printed there.

I also went here: http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx

Entered my VIN and the white roof paint is not listed here either.

They do list Performance White as paint code HP, but I'm not sure if this is the right shade of white paint. But I'm not sure if your looking for White or Black roof paint, sorry. . . .

Dave
302 HP

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Not sure where you can find the roof and trim color codes but I do know the white on the Kona Blue roof is the same as the reverse C-stripes.

Good luck with the repair and don't feel too bad about doing it yourself. We've all been there before.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
TymeSlayer said:
Not sure where you can find the roof and trim color codes but I do know the white on the Kona Blue roof is the same as the reverse C-stripes.

Good luck with the repair and don't feel too bad about doing it yourself. We've all been there before.

This???

Tape Strip Legend for 500A and 501A
NOTE: Enter Order Code:
E - - 85E (Race Red)
3 - - 853 (Offset White)
4 - - 854 (Gloss Black)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
TymeSlayer said:
This???

Tape Strip Legend for 500A and 501A
NOTE: Enter Order Code:
E - - 85E (Race Red)
3 - - 853 (Offset White)
4 - - 854 (Gloss Black)

Hope that gloss black is it. I just wasn't sure if Ford had some special paint code for the roofs that was Boss exclusive. I mean I can call the dealer and say I need competition orange but if I say black, well you know. Thanks.

And sadly, I got it down to the bare metal. So sounds like a pro needs to fix it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel