The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Color matching lower body trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When I first saw the Boss I thought the black rocker/fascia trim broke up the lines of the car. Then I saw the Patriot Boss 302 - a #1 of 1 model by Ford for the Healing Heros raffle - two Boss': a '69 and a '12. www.winthemustangs.com To see the changes, click on the pic of the 2012 Boss through three page views and you will get a 3-view, 360 degree picture of painted lower trim.

With that in mind, I ordered mine. Received it in 6 weeks - MSRP, no dealer fees. Took delivery last week and sent it immediately to my favorite body shop. They removed all the trim, sanded it and used "flex" paint. The lower trim now matches the car and is as smooth as the car's fenders. Here are a few pics.

2012 Boss, White, cover/mats
2005 Ford GT, Red, 4 options
1966 Mustang conv, A-code, AT, fact air, GT pkg.

Send me the pics if you can not find a host and I will post them for you. It remains to be seen if the Patriot Boss will look anything like what they have posted on the site but there are some features I do like about it. Where in FL are you?

In for photos.

I love them painted. Makes the car look 100% more sophisticated. That horrible cheap rubber lower is so budget car reminds me of the Aztec or some mini SUV. The problem is that that rubber just doesn't like paint I sure hope yours doesn't flake off like mine did.

GA
908ssp said:
I love them painted. Makes the car look 100% more sophisticated. That horrible cheap rubber lower is so budget car reminds me of the Aztec or some mini SUV. The problem is that that rubber just doesn't like paint I sure hope yours doesn't flake off like mine did.

+1. The black rubber trim look bad with most colors. The Bosses with black accents make it look better.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PJWANNABE said:
+1. The black rubber trim look bad with most colors. The Bosses with black accents make it look better.
Agreed. The black panels work well with the black trim on the BOSS. Makes the car look meaner, IMO.

2012Boss said:
I think it came out very nice, looks good on the white, very clean. I like the black accents against the yellow on mine so that is one thing I will leave alone.
Ditto. The white looks great, but it'll probably get trashed being that low to the ground unless you put paint protection film on it. Happened to my S2000 ($400 each time I had the lower facia painted).

TMO Supporting Vendors