The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Color Matching?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok, I know you can order some parts out there which are pre-painted and if your lucky they will have a Yellow Blaze for a selection. My problem is not the Yellow Blaze but the black on the car.

I'm possibly going to order some parts in which I want black to match the roof/hood and C-stripe but am uncertain if the black (pre-painted) is the same. Does anyone know that answer to this or how I can find out the color code to the roof/hood and C-stripe?

suprmn said:
Ok, I know you can order some parts out there which are pre-painted and if your lucky they will have a Yellow Blaze for a selection. My problem is not the Yellow Blaze but the black on the car.

I'm possibly going to order some parts in which I want black to match the roof/hood and C-stripe but am uncertain if the black (pre-painted) is the same. Does anyone know that answer to this or how I can find out the color code to the roof/hood and C-stripe?
The white, black and red are the same colors and paint codes as used on the bodies of the cars. HP for high performance white and I hope Scott will be along shortly with the other two. ;)

UA is the code for black. Black is black and the only real difference is shinny or flat.

as for other codes they are

Competition Orange (CY)
Performance White (HP)
Kona Blue Metallic (L6)
Yellow Blaze Metallic Tri-Coat (NQ)
Race Red (PQ)
Black (UA)
Ingot Silver (UX)

I am pretty sure the black roof is UA and the white roof is HP (99%)

Thanks guys......I am looking at a rear spoiler and maybe side scoops and painting them black. Thus the reason for my questions.

TMO Supporting Vendors