The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

combination sub belt/lap belt mounts for S197

06mach1

TMO Addict
1,069
109
Bliss, NY
I currently have for sale one set of brand new design sub belt/lap belt mounts. These are very similar to my old sub belt mounts that I have made in the past but now have two tabs where the lap belts install. They mount just like old sub belt mounts, under the rear set mounts. You get a drivers side and passenger side mount along with new bolts to replace the factory studs and simple installation instructions. Cost is $220 shipped. This is the only set I have for now but I can make more if needed. Here is what they look like.

9XOcNGc.jpg


SJEN48h.jpg


And for those not familiar with how they mount, here is a pic of the new style mount installed in a Boss.

tBvMBlT.jpg
 
Last edited:

drano38

Wayne
1,124
295
Look great!
If they would have been available when I got mine, I would have gotten this version for sure.
 
5

576

Guest
Pic of the new style installed on my '12 Boss. Very nice fit for the sub and belt clips.
IMG_1862_zps1ynoegsj.png
 

ahyde

TMO Beginner
1
0
I would like to buy the bars for both driver & passenger side if they will fit a S550 Shelby GT350. You can call me and we can discuss. The phone is 313-300-3604. I am in the Detroit area.


06mach1 said:
I currently have for sale one set of brand new design sub belt/lap belt mounts. These are very similar to my old sub belt mounts that I have made in the past but now have two tabs where the lap belts install. They mount just like old sub belt mounts, under the rear set mounts. You get a drivers side and passenger side mount along with new bolts to replace the factory studs and simple installation instructions. Cost is $200 shipped. This is the only set I have for now but I can make more if needed. Here is what they look like.

101_0401_zps2ebdh6hf.jpg


101_0400_zpsrn6vzelp.jpg


And for those not familiar with how they mount, here is a pic of the old style mount installed in a Boss.

IMG_20140711_160519_zpsjg5saql2.png
 

dabossinnne

TMO Addict
564
110
Omaha, NE
FWIW....had these installed two weeks ago in my Boss. The race shop that did the work (an addition to a whole lot of other mods I had done) is very meticulous in their work, and they were VERY impressed with the quality of these mounts. Well done 06Mach!
 

06mach1

TMO Addict
1,069
109
Bliss, NY
dabossinne said:
FWIW....had these installed two weeks ago in my Boss. The race shop that did the work (an addition to a whole lot of other mods I had done) is very meticulous in their work, and they were VERY impressed with the quality of these mounts. Well done 06Mach!
Thanks! I just wished I had thought of this design first.
 

LikeABauce302

TMO Intermediate
74
0
Chicago
Dumb question time...

are the sub belts routed between the seat bottom and seat back, or do they go completely under the seat?

I have a fox body drag car with stock seats and I'm trying to figure out how the sub straps should be installed. So far I haven't found any good info.


Apologies if off topic. Mods feel free to delete if not allowed.
 

06mach1

TMO Addict
1,069
109
Bliss, NY
LikeABauce302 said:
Dumb question time...

are the sub belts routed between the seat bottom and seat back, or do they go completely under the seat?

I have a fox body drag car with stock seats and I'm trying to figure out how the sub straps should be installed. So far I haven't found any good info.


Apologies if off topic. Mods feel free to delete if not allowed.
In this case the sub belts are routed between the seat base and back. You then sit on the sub belt, bring the sub belt up between your legs and then attach the sub belts to the lap belts. Not sure how many companies make this type of "sit-on" sub belt, but Schroth and Crow make them.

On my sons fox body drag car, he had the factory GT seat which had a separate cushion piece that was part of the seat base. We ran a single sub belt from a 5-point harness up thru that opening to attach to the lap belt. Sub belt was attached to eyebolt thru the floor pan.
 

TMSBOSS

Epic Contributor
5,266
2,214
Illinois
HPDE
5-10 Years
LikeaBruce.

I have the 6 point with belts routed over seat bottom.

I will be at the Concourse in Geneva on Sunday, Featured manufacturer, SHELBY. If you are interested in stopping and seeing the cars, you can look at the system in my car. I use the mount from 06Mach1.

Tracy
 

DEye

You can't get there from here...
LikeABauce302 said:
Dumb question time...

are the sub belts routed between the seat bottom and seat back, or do they go completely under the seat?

I have a fox body drag car with stock seats and I'm trying to figure out how the sub straps should be installed. So far I haven't found any good info.


Apologies if off topic. Mods feel free to delete if not allowed.
There are sites that specify how the belts should be installed to work as intended, like this one,
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/crow-restraint-instalinstruct.html
I believe I have posted a link to the schroth site in the past as well.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top