The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

combination sub belt/lap belt mounts for S197

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Canada
I currently have for sale one set of brand new design sub belt/lap belt mounts. These are very similar to my old sub belt mounts that I have made in the past but now have two tabs where the lap belts install. They mount just like old sub belt mounts, under the rear set mounts. You get a drivers side and passenger side mount along with new bolts to replace the factory studs and simple installation instructions. Cost is now $275 shipped. This is the only set I have for now but I can make more if needed. Here is what they look like.

View attachment 15650

View attachment 15651

And for those not familiar with how they mount, here is a pic of the new style mount installed in a Boss.

View attachment 15652
Hi I am new to this forum. I just got my 4-Point harness installed but I am concerned about the angle of my lap straps where the bracket is quite far behind the seat. I was also told that I cannot use a 5 point or 6 point harness with factory Recaro seats. This bracket looks like a better option than mine. I am not sure it will fit my 2022 Mach1 though? Can you share the distance of the floor mounting holes center to center on this bracket? I also question the tensile strength of this bracket?

IMG-20221219-WA0011.jpg

Hi I am new to this forum. I just got my 4-Point harness installed but I am concerned about the angle of my lap straps where the bracket is quite far behind the seat. I was also told that I cannot use a 5 point or 6 point harness with factory Recaro seats. This bracket looks like a better option than mine. I am not sure it will fit my 2022 Mach1 though? Can you share the distance of the floor mounting holes center to center on this bracket? I also question the tensile strength of this bracket?

View attachment 82168
You need these. https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fs-combo-lap-sub-belt-mounts-for-s550-and-gt350.13354/
And you can use a 6-point harness with your factory recaro seats. You use a sit on style sub belt. Not sure if I would use the bracket you are using.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Houston, TX
I'm interested in a set of your S197 6-point harness brackets for the stock Recaro driver and passenger seats in black. I don't have Paypal, but can send a bank check. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel