The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coming from Subaru STI to Boss 302, my impression

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
13Boss#3328 said:
It is also amazing to know that the Boss 302 got assembled only 38 miles away from my house!!

We must be close. I live 5 miles away from where it was built. I will be going to Mustang Alley for the first time this year. Maybe see you there.

Brian

I just have to jump in here because of ..well a few people on here know why. The biggest difference that I see from the race versions of the Boss 302 and the Subi is that you don't have to change the entire driveline (engine, trans, center diff and rear diff) every race. In fact the Boss 302 engine in race trim is good for about 50 hours between rebuilds...almost an ENTIRE Grand Am season. The Boss also doesn't break half shafts every 10 minutes. Srsly racing imports is like hitting your self in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when you finally stop.
Other than that Welcome aboard glad to see you like your Boss and you'll find it is nearly bulletproof.
Sorry if I offended anyone.

13Boss#3328 said:
Insurme, so you mean if Subaru makes STI turbo Brz, you might ditch the Boss?
How do you like it so far?
I want to hear more about your story, how was the GTR? Did you sell it? Why? How is your Boss compared to the GTR?
Are you the same person who posted impression about the Boss in the M3 forum? The cabinet man?

Lol many questions

Maybe on the BRZ Sti. If it has 300 - 325 hp and 2700lbs it would be very tempting. I really like my Boss as my odometer indicates with 2000 miles on in only 6 months of ownership. I only put 2800 on the GTR in 1.5 years. The Boss is a blast to drive and handles better than expected on the track. It's very stable, corners and acceleration is great. The GTR is just in a different league and I knew that when I traded. That GTR will make you smile and squeal like a kid on Christmas morning when you stand on it! The refinement and engineering in that car is far superior to most other vehicles you can buy and that's a fact. Everything has a purpose and the placement of pedals, steering wheel, shifter,...etc was done with precision.

After I began to track the GTR I quickly realized I can't afford this $100K car and expense of tracking so I either had to quit tracking or get a lower priced car. I really love tracking so I began my research on what is the best car that provides a good foundation for a track car, which led me to my Laguna Seca. Money well spent! One huge advantage of tracking the Boss over the GTR is on the consumables like tires and brakes. The GTR is very hard on both due to it's somewhat heavy weight and it's clawing up the pavement on all 4 tires rather than just two.

Even though I really like my Boss, something new, shiny, and fast gets my attention! At the track I always can run with just about anything stock and pass most everything. I've had several Porsche owners want to check out the Boss for upgrades between sessions after being passed. I know the weaknesses of Bosses and they're minimal and I can do the upgrades myself, unlike the GTR. You need a Phd to work on that thing.

Let me say this, bossmustangsonline has been an invaluable resource to me with my Boss. There are tons of knowledgeable people on here that have already done what you need to do so take advantage of that. Seems like more Mustang owners work on their cars vs. Viper and GTR owners do? You will also notice in most members sig lines they are very brand loyal with many previous Fords owned or currently owned. My list has several different ones as I'm obviously not brand loyal, just love performance cars.

No that wasn't me on the M3 site, nor am I the "cabinet man"...........

Have fun and be safe.

Insurme said:
Maybe on the BRZ Sti. If it has 300 - 325 hp and 2700lbs it would be very tempting. I really like my Boss as my odometer indicates with 2000 miles on in only 6 months of ownership. I only put 2800 on the GTR in 1.5 years. The Boss is a blast to drive and handles better than expected on the track. It's very stable, corners and acceleration is great. The GTR is just in a different league and I knew that when I traded. That GTR will make you smile and squeal like a kid on Christmas morning when you stand on it! The refinement and engineering in that car is far superior to most other vehicles you can buy and that's a fact. Everything has a purpose and the placement of pedals, steering wheel, shifter,...etc was done with precision.

After I began to track the GTR I quickly realized I can't afford this $100K car and expense of tracking so I either had to quit tracking or get a lower priced car. I really love tracking so I began my research on what is the best car that provides a good foundation for a track car, which led me to my Laguna Seca. Money well spent! One huge advantage of tracking the Boss over the GTR is on the consumables like tires and brakes. The GTR is very hard on both due to it's somewhat heavy weight and it's clawing up the pavement on all 4 tires rather than just two.

Even though I really like my Boss, something new, shiny, and fast gets my attention! At the track I always can run with just about anything stock and pass most everything. I've had several Porsche owners want to check out the Boss for upgrades between sessions after being passed. I know the weaknesses of Bosses and they're minimal and I can do the upgrades myself, unlike the GTR. You need a Phd to work on that thing.

Let me say this, bossmustangsonline has been an invaluable resource to me with my Boss. There are tons of knowledgeable people on here that have already done what you need to do so take advantage of that. Seems like more Mustang owners work on their cars vs. Viper and GTR owners do? You will also notice in most members sig lines they are very brand loyal with many previous Fords owned or currently owned. My list has several different ones as I'm obviously not brand loyal, just love performance cars.

No that wasn't me on the M3 site, nor am I the "cabinet man"...........

Have fun and be safe.

Thanks!

batman48195 said:
We must be close. I live 5 miles away from where it was built. I will be going to Mustang Alley for the first time this year. Maybe see you there.

Brian

Where and when is Mustang Alley going to be?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel