The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Comp School race vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmmmm. It's set for public so you should be able to watch. Sorry.

Maybe this one works

https://www.facebook.com/leen.buckner/videos/959500384088802/

Nice. It's easier to just post the youtube link. What class did you quality for? I liked the comment in the video:

"wow that Mustang is hauling ass" ;D

VooDooBOSS said:
Nice. It's easier to just post the youtube link. What class did you quality for? I liked the comment in the video:

"wow that Mustang is hauling ass" ;D

Yeah, unfortunately it was a third party who took the video and they posted it to their facebook so I can only share it. :(

I'll be doing American Iron or American Iron Extreme next season. Haven't decided yet, but probably the latter to start.

DG#56 said:
I'll be doing American Iron or American Iron Extreme next season. Haven't decided yet, but probably the latter to start.

Haven't decided whether to prep the car for next season. Looked at AI, but it's very restrictive on Power:Weight and Tire sizes. AIX is open but lot's of $$$. Our cars would fit ST2 best, but virtually no-one runs that class in Great Lakes/Central regions with NASA.....

Black Boss said:
Haven't decided whether to prep the car for next season. Looked at AI, but it's very restrictive on Power:Weight and Tire sizes. AIX is open but lot's of $$$. Our cars would fit ST2 best, but virtually no-one runs that class in Great Lakes/Central regions with NASA.....

AI is a great class. Our field actually is growing quite a bit. Despite the detune it's a very cool class.

EDIT: Yeah, not many ST2 here

Black Boss said:

Nick - I am thinking the exact same thing. I am torn if I do W2W next year or just stick with TT. The ST2 would be a great fit, however few cars. It would kill me to go by new small wheels to make AI work. Got a price this afternoon on putting in a cage. I know you did the comp class this year. Was that SCCA or NASA? I did SCCA class in 2014.

LS110 said:
Nick - I am thinking the exact same thing. I am torn if I do W2W next year or just stick with TT. The ST2 would be a great fit, however few cars. It would kill me to go by new small wheels to make AI work. Got a price this afternoon on putting in a cage. I know you did the comp class this year. Was that SCCA or NASA? I did SCCA class in 2014.

I went with NASA for my Comp license. Ran the Miller Boss cars in ST3, but our Power:Weight would require a de-tune for ST3, plus most cars run rear Aero to be competitive (like you) which is a further weight penalty in ST3 (but not ST2 or AI). Need to think about it more -- W2W is more fun with more Track time than TT. Maybe have to bite the bullet on AI -- seems like lot's of cars in that class, although I'm also not excited about 9.5" wheels.....

Black Boss said:
I went with NASA for my Comp license. Ran the Miller Boss cars in ST3, but our Power:Weight would require a de-tune for ST3, plus most cars run rear Aero to be competitive (like you) which is a further weight penalty in ST3 (but not ST2 or AI). Need to think about it more -- W2W is more fun with more Track time than TT. Maybe have to bite the bullet on AI -- seems like lot's of cars in that class, although I'm also not excited about 9.5" wheels.....

I hear ya on the downgrade, but from people who have taken the plunge, the enjoyment of w2w in a healthy class of friends/competitors makes up for it and you don't really notice. All of us mid-atlantic AI guys paddock together, camp, drink, watch football at the track. It's a fun group. I'm gonna see if I can lure some AIX cars out of the woods at first. If that fails, I'll drop down to AI and give it a go. Might also do TTU.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Anyone that wants to run ST2 with big fields please feel free to move here to AZ or California. Relatively healthy groups in both states :)

I like the warm weather idea, however, we would then have you kicking our a$$e$$ :'(

Maybe we need to start this trend in the Central Region. If a few of us hang tough and stick with ST2, maybe others would join in as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors