The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Cone Eating Mach Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for having me, Ive been slowly building her for about 12 years. I got bit by the AutoX bug and rather then get another car and build it ive decided to shift the mach's focus to Auto X. I bought this car bone stock and don't worry i have saved all the OEM parts.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, lots of fun stuff done on your Mach over the past dozen years and it looks like a simple move in 23, for faster times and better hook up, will be to get a set of A-052s, Bridgestone RE71RSs, or Falken RT660s ,since the 555s are not overly quick. Love the name of your car, as I have been a Cone Assassin many years and consuming those little pitiful pylons is part of finding the edge. Hope you consider the Nationals, it is as much a party as a competition and you can find out more secrets in a week of racing than you can in years running in your Region.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia Beach, VA
been looking at the Bridgestone RE71RSs my brother is running them on his S2000 and they are doing real well, the Nitto's are ok but leave alot to be desired, unfortunately they are relatively new, will probably keep them through the winter series and look to swap prior to summer

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Thanks for having me, Ive been slowly building her for about 12 years. I got bit by the AutoX bug and rather then get another car and build it ive decided to shift the mach's focus to Auto X. I bought this car bone stock and don't worry i have saved all the OEM parts.

Funny you say this. I have the OEM suspension and brakes etc that have been sitting in the garage for 8 months. Felt wrong to toss, but my car will never go back and really have no value. Mine's "just" a GT vs Mach1, but still, I see little value and need to clean the garage.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Virginia Beach, VA
Funny you say this. I have the OEM suspension and brakes etc that have been sitting in the garage for 8 months. Felt wrong to toss, but my car will never go back and really have no value. Mine's "just" a GT vs Mach1, but still, I see little value and need to clean the garage.
I always hold on to them, often longer than i should haha, garage attic is full of OEM parts from cars that are long gone. The Mach has paid off though as the OEM parts are harder and harder to find, should the time come to sell the old bat i may have to put it all back on. Values last couple of years have been good, shes offically worth more than i paid, unfortunately nowhere near what i have in though

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I always hold on to them, often longer than i should haha, garage attic is full of OEM parts from cars that are long gone. The Mach has paid off though as the OEM parts are harder and harder to find, should the time come to sell the old bat i may have to put it all back on. Values last couple of years have been good, shes offically worth more than i paid, unfortunately nowhere near what i have in though

Yes, the math is certainly in your favor for a Mach. But as you said, collect parts and then look up "why the hell do I still have.....?" Heck, I have a tail section hanging on my wall for a motorcycle that I haven't owned in 10+ years! And all my helmets from the last 20 years; I did consider a way to bisect them mount them on the all, most are pretty cool designs.

TMO Supporting Vendors