The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Confluence - The Gauge Page

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS said:
Jimmy

I did the same install from below. Removing the block plug and installing the sensor was a huge PIA!!

Works great....just a pain. Antifreeze in the armpits can't be avoided.

Haha! Yeah, me too. I didn't know how I was going to do it, so I started from below, put the car on stands, etc. It seemed to me to be the same amount of pain, but with slightly fewer steps if done from above, so I just wrote the procedure that way. Guys who are removing the stock oil cooler as part of a FMOC project will want to wait and just do it then. Overachievers might want to remove the alternator for better access.

Is there a reason someone hasn't invented a way to simply tap into the sensors the car already has and interface them with aftermarket gauges? If you can already get them on the track app dash, why can't this be done?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I see a 10 degree difference in the analog gauge reading at the block port and the Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) PID when data logging using my SCT X3 tuner and SCT Live View software. This is pretty consistent all through the operating range from cold to hot operating conditions. The Laguna Seca gauges get their coolant temps from the CAN bus, Oil Pressure from an analog sender and the performance data from the Advance Track systems.
Steve

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
cosm3os said:
Is there a reason someone hasn't invented a way to simply tap into the sensors the car already has and interface them with aftermarket gauges? If you can already get them on the track app dash, why can't this be done?

It has been done. I love old school gauges, awesome job OP. Having gone back and forth on this I have decided to go new school.
http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html
I plan on ordering the dual gauge on the pillar. Looking at Lethal as they have some nice clear options and the price seems to be fixed more or less if you shop. You do loose your OBD-2 port when you are running them.

Domestic Product said:
It has been done. I love old school gauges, awesome job OP. Having gone back and forth on this I have decided to go new school.
http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html
I plan on ordering the dual gauge on the pillar. Looking at Lethal as they have some nice clear options and the price seems to be fixed more or less if you shop. You do loose your OBD-2 port when you are running them.

That's the trick. Now to find a column mounted pod . . . .

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel