The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Considering GT350 for Daily Driver in Northeast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a set of cheapo 19" from american muscle with 255 michelin winter tires on all four corners. I did autocross in the snow at Lime Rock with the Gt350 (turned out to be a bad idea) and drove it a few hundred miles past winter, which doesn:t count though as it was very mild.

279801876d1a1c8dbf02854532c5e92f.jpg

I wouldn't daily drive the gt350 through the winter. For less money you can buy a 996tt at the bottom of.the depreciation curve. Or a focus RS would be my second choice.

So, I just saw that, per the manual, automated car washes should not be used:

"Washing Your Vehicle
Do not drive your vehicle through an
automated, commercial car wash due to
the vehicle’s low ground clearance and tire
width."

Anyone has a view on this? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me. My vette has about 2.5 inches of ground clearance (slammed on coilovers) and runs on 345s in the back and 295s in the front. Have been using automated car washes for years with no problems whatsoever. Was planning to do the same with the GT350 - particularly to keep the salt off during the winter.

I've driven mine through a high pressure car wash, no brushes, twice with no issues. Be careful to make sure the car is centered between the rails.

TMO Supporting Vendors