The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Conti ECF sizing compared to Goodyear SC3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Arizona
I was planning on getting the Goodyear SC3 (non R) but the size I need 305/30R19 has been on backorder for a while. Anybody got some insight on the section width versus tread width relationship of these two tires? The Contis seems to have a really wide section width and narrow tread. Is this for real? I think I may be stuck with the Conti ECF based on my mission and availability but I'm not sure which size to go with. I run 19x11 ET50 wheels square with 25mm spacers up front.

Goodyear Supercar 3
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 7.05.33 PM.png

Continental ECF
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 7.05.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 7.05.12 PM.png

I'm not looking to set records, and all I do is HPDE. I've had Hankook RS4s before and I liked them, so if I could get something similar that would be good. The latest tire I tried was the NT01 in 305/30R19 and I was extremely unimpressed. Pace is less than half a second faster than RS4s on a 2 minute track but lasted less than half the time and get greasier faster.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Arizona
Couldn't pull the trigger on ECFs. Not many reviews, and some of what I could find weren't exactly positive, awkward sizing.

I decided to take a risk and order the SC3s from Simple Tire despite hearing stories about them shipping old date codes (and they wouldn't confirm date codes for me). They showed up and I'm happy with the dates, but man are these things massive. Maybe closer to a 315.

IMG_1750.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors