The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Buys Hoosier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing but there you have it. Hopefully it's a good move. I wonder if the Hoosier name will disappear?

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1106503_continental-tires-buys-hoosier

continental-tires_100466657_m.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Personally , I find this a poorly written and uninformed article about Hoosier and Continental. To actually state that if one is road racing they are likely on Continentals and if drag racing they are on Hoosiers? My short , quick response to that is , " Huh?!" Wonder if the legion of Road Racers hammering around serpentine courses on their R7s are pondering a change? Maybe the conemasters careening through plylons on a set of A7s are thinking I must switch to Continentals soon for track use, I accidentally got myself using dragstrip rubber! Surprise Mr. " Lack of Homework," Scribe, but guess who has been making the Endurance Road Race tire for the Continental Series ----duh, that would be that little ole Indiana tire maker , Hoosier! So Hoosier Series Continental made by, just told you, Hoosier! It was a marriage made after some long time serious dating , so should work out quite fine, but please next time do a little digging into the history and find out the rest of the story.

By the way, most of us TrackRatzzzz found out the Continental slicks were great at lasting awhile , but not nearly as fast as a set of R7s , because even though it was built by Hoosier, it is an endurance compound. The rumor that it was a R7 without any grooves was only about 2 seconds off on the track , so cheap though they often were, they definitely compounded the issue and proved to be merely siblings and not twins!

I think it will be great for the sport, Hoosier is a legendary company that caters to the little guy and the Conti series was a good example of them making a "spec" tire that could last. Conti will also give Hoosier a lot of ability for R&D.
win..win IMO

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
blacksheep-1 said:
I think it will be great for the sport, Hoosier is a legendary company that caters to the little guy and the Conti series was a good example of them making a "spec" tire that could last. Conti will also give Hoosier a lot of ability for R&D.
win..win IMO

This sounds feasible and I hope you're right. Hoosier has really advanced their tires with the latest "7" and "S" road racing radials...myself and a lot of other club racers are hoping this doesn't get screwed up.

TMO Supporting Vendors