The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Challenge Race at Mosport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Multimatic did well, Scott Maxwell could have let Billy Johnson by a few laps earlier and maybe he could have run the Stevenson Camaro down.

Can't pit when the yellow is thrown Rob, you know better.
You guys are running really good just need some racer's luck to get the wins.
Steve

Not arguing the yellow, but here's the dilemma , the car sputtered, the driver was told to bring it in he committed to the pit lane and the yellow came out. The (yellow flag) dash light came on as well but the driver's view was to the left (light on right) so he said he thought he was OK, Well we should've done the risk/reward assessment and sent him through the pits w/o stopping. (there was no way to get back to the racing line..impossible at that point) Andrew actually was trying to do that but he had no comms since he was about to get in the car. Now you know how long it took to read what I just wrote? We had about 1/4 that amount of time to make a decision...and I wonder what if we stayed out and caused another yellow by running out of fuel? It was like the perfect BS storm all at once.
As it was we were held for 60 seconds..plus the time it took to go in and out of the pits and thanks to great pit work and aggressive driving, we never lost a lap. Unfortunately, I've never seen a track designed so wide and nice but yet totally prevents any passing.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
You know I'm not criticizing, I didn't have any info other than what Dorsey and Calvin Fish were saying on the streaming feed, they said the BMW's came in before the yellow but that you guys were a few seconds late. They didn't even say you were held 60 seconds just that it was a drive through penalty. Why would they add 60 seconds anyway? That's why I say you guys just need the luck to have that yellow light up 5 seconds later. The car and drivers have speed just need to hold it together a whole race. We are all pulling for you guys.
Steve

Better question why didn't IMSA come over the mic and say we were late like Grand Am used to and avoid the problem altogether? The crew can't see the end of pit road, the driver is trying to get off line, slow the car and locate the speed sensor for the pit entrance all at once. But yeah, they held us for 60 seconds in the penalty box.

TMO Supporting Vendors