The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental extreme DW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was curious if anyone has experienced a vibration with these tire. I had them balanced twice now and the car feels out of balance above 60 mph. Also the steering seems to want to wonder when I move the steering back and forth at higher speeds. I do not remember feeling that before with the stock tires (Pirelli).

I have it scheduled to have it road forced next week. I wonder if I got a bad set of tires?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I have a set of these tires and for me they are great. Good dry traction, better wet traction, (once) but I was very happy with traction when caught in the rain. Road Force balanced on installation. Solid tire to 140 something in my testing.

Good luck with your next balance,
2HP

After a road force there was an issue with the left rear reading 40lbs and was corrected. The alignment was done initially after the tires were put on but were checked again for sanity purposes. So far no issues. I will say that it did feel like the pirellis were somewhat more stable in steering response than the Conts but for 1k more it not worth it.

Yes traction is a ton better when wet and no road noise! I and assuming the pirellis have a stiffer sidewall.

I used these tires on my 2001 camaro SS and found the sidewalls were to soft and caused alot of movement at high speeds. Wanted to wander on the free way.

TMO Supporting Vendors