The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Extremecontact Sport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Wheels

Race Proven, Street Approved
Supporting Vendor
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Bay Area, CA
I only have around 7000 miles of street driving on them so far but I expect them to last longer than the stock Bridgestones.
Awesome, 7000 miles is like 2 years with as little as I drive now. I actually had 22k miles on the factory Bridgestones before I sold them with wheels and they still had 4/32nds left.

I'll chime in by saying the Conti ECS have been very good to me so far with my GT PP2 after about a thousand miles. They're awesome for street use and still have very good grip on mountain roads when compared to the Cup 2s that came with it. Obviously these will keep you a little more honest whereas the Cup 2s were like having a cheat code. But I've never once felt like I didn't have enough grip. And they're excellent in the wet. I was up in the mountains last weekend in the pouring rain and had no issues keeping a spirited pace. I'm very likely to get these again when the time comes. I'm sure the comparable Michelins are better, but I was able to cover the cost of a track day and the necessary fluids with the difference.

TMO Supporting Vendors