The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Slick Size?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how do those size conti's work on 18x10 sve drifts? thinking about running these for HPDE as they tend to be cheaper than good 200TW street tires. I already have a dedicated street setup so if i can run these cheaper than say like a RS4 i would rather do that.

There should be thousands of those tires around until next year when Conti drops the series. As long as you run 18s.
Also, there is a bunch of 18 inch A7s up at Phoenix, some with as little as 4 laps on them.
We were stuck with itty bitty 275s when we ran, but they may have changed all that with the advent of the GT4 deal. We;ve run up to 315s as I recall on the T1 car on an 11 inch wheel. You can actually do quite a bit of tuning by stretching the sidewall out.
I think this is a pic of that, or at least a 305.
xKKY2jJl.jpg

There should be thousands of those tires around until next year when Conti drops the series. As long as you run 18s.
Also, there is a bunch of 18 inch A7s up at Phoenix, some with as little as 4 laps on them.
We were stuck with itty bitty 275s when we ran, but they may have changed all that with the advent of the GT4 deal. We;ve run up to 315s as I recall on the T1 car on an 11 inch wheel. You can actually do quite a bit of tuning by stretching the sidewall out.
I think this is a pic of that, or at least a 305.
xKKY2jJl.jpg

Im looking for some 275 A7's. Do you have a firefighter to firefighter discount for these?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
They are an Endurance Tire so they hold up quite well, but even though they are slicks, they are not as fast as an R7 Hoosier. If you are looking for reasonable price, longer life, and still stickier than an Ultra Performance street tire and many DOT Comp Tires, then not a bad way to go.

There are different aspect ratios available so check the specs carefully and you will need a spacer up front. Chat with the guys at Hoosier to make sure you are comfortable with what you may get?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Assume you have a second set for the street? If you go to usedracingtires.com their website has a section for specs, and the 305/660-18 says a 10 inch rim will work. As noted, before, you will likely need spacers up front

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel