The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Tire BMW Endurance Challenge at Daytona (1/27) Mustang GT4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This year the CTSCC series starts off with a FOUR HOUR race at Daytona in support of the 55th annual Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona!

Our friends from Multimatic and KohR Motorsports will be there with a pair of Mustang GT4s--let's see what they can do against the swarm of Porsches and McLarens! This year it's a 21 car field in the GS class!

http://sportscarchallenge.imsa.com/events/rolex-24-daytona-0

tRqyNce.png

Multimatic #15 (Buford/Maxwell):
YHqe0Wi.jpg

KohR #59 (Martin/Roush):
rosxwBu.png

7566yA5.png

vvlPAKl.png

I have largely stolen these photos from Facebook,but @captdistraction will be there in-person and may grace us with some behind-the scenes photos... :)

Tell me about it, we'd love to be there, just not in the budget for this year I guess.
Tell me, are these the GTD spec cars or the "other" less expensive version that Ford sells?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
GTD races in the "Weathertech" portion of the championship. Separate series.

These are the GT4 Mustangs, which are the more expensive of the two Ford Performance offerings (the other being the FP350S, aimed at club racers)

ArizonaBOSS said:
GTD races in the "Weathertech" portion of the championship. Separate series.

These are the GT4 Mustangs, which are the more expensive of the two Ford Performance offerings (the other being the FP350S, aimed at club racers)

Yeah, but it's the same car as the GTD car with maybe a few mods, that's what I was getting at.

What did Ford just homologate? was it GT4?or was that only for IMSA? surely they intend to run PWC with it and abroad.
It's getting pretty stupid when someone involved with the sport can't even keep up with the alphabet soup, how do they expect to get even casual fans interested?

Austin
Not sure if you guys saw it but Ford Performance had a live video on Facebook today where they talked to Buford and he said that Multimatic were only going to race at Daytona and then transition to supporting customer cars for the rest of the season. First time I've heard that.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Interesting point about Multimatic. I hope they get some customer cars this season.

Rob the old Pirelli "GTS" and IMSA "GS" are now both on this European "GT4" spec car. Basically the 350S, the "Boss-S" equivalent, isn't legal for either series this time around.

BTW:

Dean Martin of KohR Motorsports put their car on POLE, with Multimatic's just a few hundredths behind!! Front row lockout by Ford Performance! (also in Rolex 24h w/ Ford GTs!!!)

16299412_10212355148541669_13944194391926998_n.jpg

Re: Continental Tire Challenge at Daytona (1/27) Mustang GT4**Spoiler**

VoodooBOSS said:
So close but so far. Stupid penalty anyway. :mad:

https://youtu.be/UhSvZiGNLHI

I didn't catch the end of the race, what was the penalty?

TMO Supporting Vendors