The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Continental Tire/Grand Am Daytona test session

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BossJockey said:
If the GT class Boss 302 is like most GT class cars now, it didn't start Its life as a street car. Most likely it is a purpose built tube chassis race car with a Boss looking skin. It is still cool that a "Boss" will be running in the GT class. Let hope they can get it sorted so it is competitive.
This is what I'm wondering since I don't know the class rules.

BossJockey said:
If the GT class Boss 302 is like most GT class cars now, it didn't start Its life as a street car. Most likely it is a purpose built tube chassis race car with a Boss looking skin. It is still cool that a "Boss" will be running in the GT class. Let hope they can get it sorted so it is competitive.

That is what they told me about this car, I am new to this and was suprised at all the differences from the Grand-am side.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Rolex GT cars are tube-frame (or otherwise race-constructed) that share no parts with the production body. The body is made to look reasonably like the production car.

The RX-8s that many teams ran last year were $300k before you add the powertrain.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel