The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Contour+2 Video Camera ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a ContourHD and so far it has been great. Battery lasts about 2 hours it seems. Only problem is I forget it is recording and leave it on, killing the battery while taping nothing... GoPros look way too goofy so I avoided them. Contours support was pretty good for one issue I had.

WinterSucks said:
I have a ContourHD and so far it has been great. Battery lasts about 2 hours it seems. Only problem is I forget it is recording and leave it on, killing the battery while taping nothing... GoPros look way too goofy so I avoided them. Contours support was pretty good for one issue I had.

Does your have the GPS feature?? I ask because if GPS isn't worth a poop I'll just buy the Contour Roam for less money and use my phone for GPS info.

isrboss

I have the ContourROAM Hands-free HD Camcorder for $149, great camera. The only thing I would want above mine is a external mic hookup.

I have a Contour+2. Bought it to go to the BossTrackAttack. I choose it over the GoPro because it's design, so I can use on side of my helmet when I go skiing.

Also it's easier to use, just slide the switch and it's recording.

The bluetooth setup works fine with my iPhone and the video quality is very good.

The sound is bad. I've got the Roush axle back and the side pipes fully open and I'm saturating the microphone pretty bad. Maybe if you are on stock exhaust it will be better. An external mic is recommended. The camera got an aux input so it's not really a problem.

The GPS is too slow even on the max refresh rate. It's kind of lagging 2-3 second behind. Like when I brake for a turn, the mph is still going up and hen I got out of the turn and accelerate you can see the mph going down.
I think it was designed with speed you see on a dirt bike or skiing but not on a road course. I'm using Harry's on my phone and is much better.

I will try to upload a video later.

EDIT.

Here's the link to a short video I made. I mounted it on the side of my helmet to try. Not sure what to think of this position :-\
And it's more the wind that saturating the microphone not the exhaust.

http://contour.com/videos/watch/essai--17

TMO Supporting Vendors