The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Control arm brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I converted my car from auto to manual. It came with a brace. Finally figured out the bar is the control arm brace. I have no holes in the control arm subframe where it’s supposed to go. It also seems a little short in length if I were to drill holes to install. It’s pointless anyways as I have the Kenny brown k-member coming. I don’t know if that will replace this anyways. I am really puzzled why the bar looks short on my converted car. Is there a chassis difference between auto and manual I’m not aware of ?

9DB5A1E4-2358-4739-9A5A-D47243BD0A22.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors