The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Control Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the Boss 302S LCAs fit the spherical that isn't a rod end. They can be rebuilt but are noisy on the street. The Boss 302r's work very well on the street and track but are Polly on both end. I have ran them both. The R LCAs dont bind as much as you would think and don't make any noise. I have the MM LCAs on right now and love them. Did the Kenny Brown trick to them and added a rubber O-ring over the inside spacers and you can't hear a peep out of them.

I have had very good luck with Maximum Motorsports LCAs. They are expensive, but well built and do not clunk after four years of track use. BMR also makes a decent rod end LCA. Both are adjustable.

If you do not need or want adjustable arm, Ford Racing arms are well built with spherical bearings. They will clunk after a bit of use.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Langley, BC
I hear a lot of people have success with the max motorsports units. I believe that is because they use the more expensive FK rod ends, where as bmr use a more cost effective rod end which work fine but develop a clunk quickly. I've swapped my bmr rod ends for FK ones which cost as much as the original arm but are probably identical or better than the ends on the max motorsports arms . Time will tell how they do compared to the ones bmr supplied.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel