The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Converting a GT350 to GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to remove the plastic trim panel from the trunk?

Are you going to remove the plastic trim panel from the trunk?

Yeah.
I removed all the trunk junk and trim / liners 2 years ago when I installed the R rear seat delete before ford performance even offered the R rear seat delete as a kit. Paid through the nose at the time to get it also ($2100.00).
I couldn't find a part number for the deck lid supports (bumpers) anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you're missing the shocks. The R has a different part number for its shocks that accounts for a smaller (I think) diameter valve. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Trunk lid bumpers...just need depth measurements, a couple of hockey pucks, 4 rivnuts and a carpenters hacksaw (or equivalent).

Should be an easy fab.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel