The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cooked seals on brembo calipers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Changing my pads and rotors today and saw that my brembos piston seals look really cooked and the dust shields are broken up and cracked. Is it relatively easy to install a piston seal kit?

Is there a upgraded caliper kit that would use the same discs??

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Mad Hatter said:
Changing my pads and rotors today and saw that my brembos piston seals look really cooked and the dust shields are broken up and cracked. Is it relatively easy to install a piston seal kit?

Is there a upgraded caliper kit that would use the same discs??

Ooops!! just so the stick right above my post!!

Save your money and rebuild them.

We use those calipers racing in the NASA Spec Iron Class and we are only 3 to 5 seconds off of the AI lap times at most tracks, they can handle track days just fine.

Rebuild kits are available from Giro Disk, $48.00 per side. http://www.girodisc.com/Ford_c_29.html

Drill down to Boss 302 and then to Seals & Fluids.

You can rebuild them in your garage, here's a link to video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCLqUREvKm8

Let us know how it goes!

Doug

is it the "seals" or the "dust shields", if it's the seals, depending on the application, they would leak fluid, the dust shields are well....sacrificial

drano38

Wayne
I replaced my dust boots this spring.
Overall a simple process.
The seals are most likely good as blacksheep said.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel