The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cool Tech Front tow hook install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have experience installing the Cool Tech Front Toe Hook for the Boss/Laguna Seca? I ordered mine for a track event on the 27th.
Was at Buttonwillow last weekend, 5 Bosses out there!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
silverls said:
Anyone have experience installing the Cool Tech Front Toe Hook for the Boss/Laguna Seca? I ordered mine for a track event on the 27th.
Was at Buttonwillow last weekend, 5 Bosses out there!

You were talking to the guy who installed the first production unit on his GT... ;) Lemme know if you need help or have questions!

Nice showing at Buttonwillow. Should be out there on the 26th.

Awesome, thanks again Grant. Slippery slope I guess. Installing the 302S grille too this weekend. New brake pads, etc. Now looking into cage and harness. Ended up getting BS RE-11's, still debating whether to get another set of dedicated track wheels/tires. You'll be out there on the 26th for the Speedventures Event (S2K Challenge?) Hopefully, we'll have a good showing!

Grant 302

Yeah, I think SV runs a lot of challenge events for their HDPEs...would like to hear what you think of the RE-11s. And what pads are you going to be running?

I'll be trying Hawk DTC-60's front, HP Plus rear. Was advised of this setup by a few former Mustang SCCA guys. PFC's was regarded better for rotor wear, but this setup was also abut $300 less than the PFC's. Let's see how it goes.

Grant, Saw the thread about the tow hook, a lot of good/detailed info, thanks. Worried that I won't be able to install it on time for this weekend (it hasn't arrived yet, and my work week is packed). WOuld you know of any place that could install it? Otherwise, I can stretch it out over a couple of lunch hours.

Grant 302

silverls said:
Grant, Saw the thread about the tow hook, a lot of good/detailed info, thanks. Worried that I won't be able to install it on time for this weekend (it hasn't arrived yet, and my work week is packed). WOuld you know of any place that could install it? Otherwise, I can stretch it out over a couple of lunch hours.

Did you get both the front and rear? If you got the rear too, I could give you mine for yours when it comes in...I only installed the front so far. I can't think of a shop that would do something like this. I do all of my own work.

So since I was running out of time, I had Cool Tech install the front tow hook AND the roll bar. I have to say, the whole experience was great! Nicest guys, they do some installs at their home garage, pretty cool when you drive up and see a few LS's and a GT being preppped for the track! Anyways, work was done quickly and beautifully. Also, just fun talking Boss track day.... Anyways, The roll bar gave me an added sense of security, a place to mount harnesses, and now I don't hear creaking from the rear X-brace. Went to Buttonwillow Sun (no rain, but tons of mud) and the towhook was a requirement to get onto the track. Now, gotta save up for wheels/tires/suspension. Had a great time, but everyone there was running R compounds, while I was sliding around on the BS's (still a good tire though). Hope to make it to another event in late Feb or March.

silverls said:
So since I was running out of time, I had Cool Tech install the front tow hook AND the roll bar. I have to say, the whole experience was great! Nicest guys, they do some installs at their home garage, pretty cool when you drive up and see a few LS's and a GT being preppped for the track! Anyways, work was done quickly and beautifully. Also, just fun talking Boss track day.... Anyways, The roll bar gave me an added sense of security, a place to mount harnesses, and now I don't hear creaking from the rear X-brace. Went to Buttonwillow Sun (no rain, but tons of mud) and the towhook was a requirement to get onto the track. Now, gotta save up for wheels/tires/suspension. Had a great time, but everyone there was running R compounds, while I was sliding around on the BS's (still a good tire though). Hope to make it to another event in late Feb or March.
8)

Have you seen this?

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3577.0

I have! Talked to Grant about it at Cars n Coffee a few weeks ago. Really want to go, but I miss it by a few days because of an overseas business trip. Hoping to get to another track day with a few of you guys though. 3 Bosses at the Speed Ventures event this past weekend.

TMO Supporting Vendors