The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cool Tech one piece driveshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like a quality product. Has anyone used them and what do you think of the product and the company. How was the installed and were the directions and info what you expected .

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I'm sure it's made for them by a reputable manufacturer. Looks a lot like a dynotech, except for needing to replace the pinion flange, which dynotech doesn't need to do. I don't have personal experience with a 4" shaft but have heard that they can run into clearance issues with safety loops.

pufferfish said:
I'm sure it's made for them by a reputable manufacturer. Looks a lot like a dynotech, except for needing to replace the pinion flange, which dynotech doesn't need to do.

IIRC, it's an axle exchange unit

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I know I sound like a shill for DSS but outside of that, if you have to swap axle flanges you nee to recheck pinion depth, preload and backlash. If not you risk noise or worse burning up a gear. If you are swapping gears or diff then no additional cost but if not add time or money to this swap.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors