The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cool Tech Roll Bars - In Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For the first time since we introduced our powdercoated, bolt-in roll bar kits, we can finally say that we have several complete kits in stock. Let us know what color you want and it typically takes us 2-3 days to get it coated and then we can ship immediately. In addition to adding roll-over protection, the roll bar and integrated rear tower brace give you "feel-able" extra rigidity. More pics, pricing and ordering info is available on our website.

BossRBinCar1_640x480.jpg

That rollbar looks great, and I'll point out that just the Laguna Seca X-brace from Ford is more $$$$ than this entire rollbar kit. I doubt the wife would go for it, but if I can get her to change her mind....My 2013 is Race Red and that would look awesome.

Justin said:
What if any modifications are to be made to a base boss? and is it a bolt in affair or weld in? Does it meet NHRA requirements?

You have to trim the inside rear trim panels, four 3/8" holes in the trunk for the rear strut tower brace, and remove the existing gusset plate to install cooltech's gusset plate. Complete bolt in system. The car handles noticeably tighter with the roll bar
f38479d3.jpg

I'll be all over this as soon as the X-Brace is made available through Ford or Cool Tech. Want to delete the rear seat at the same time and don't want to use the cheesy plywood rear seat delete option.

Jason

jskwarek said:
I'll be all over this as soon as the X-Brace is made available through Ford or Cool Tech. Want to delete the rear seat at the same time and don't want to use the cheesy plywood rear seat delete option.

Jason

You can always make your own rear seat delete out of 1/2 inch plywood like I did. Might be a little heavier than the cheesy rear seat deletes, but I can throw just about anything on top of it.

scaled.php

What if any modifications are to be made to a base boss? and is it a bolt in affair or weld in? Does it meet NHRA requirements?

The bar is all bolt-in. (This is why we can ship fully powdercoated/finished bars.)

We retain full seat slider movement for both front seats. The rear harness bar has ideal height to correspond to Boss seat openings and proper shoulder harness angles. If you have rear seat passengers, even a moderate traffic collision could be fatal. Our bar requires a rear seat delete kit - several are available at different price points.

Regarding NHRA, I believe your need a side door brace if you run times quicker than 11.99 - which the Boss is capable to do. We are creating this as an option - working with a new customer as I write and we anticipate to have this option available within 2-weeks.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Now Justin just needs a set of long tubes to go with the roll bar to get under 11.99, question is when. ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
Now Justin just needs a set of long tubes to go with the roll bar to get under 11.99, question is when. ;D
the current rule I believe is 11.49-10.00 or 135mph requires a 5 point then I think once you get down in the 9's you need the 10 point. right now I am waiting for the navy to pay me the money they owe me so I can get a Steeda CAI and there CAM tune along with a Reg Idle tune.

I was driving to lunch today when quite suddenly, I started thinking about the Cool Tech Roll Bar that is on my wish list. What could have jogged my memory? A calm reverie? Psychedelic drugs? Something supernatural? Oh...nevermind, it was this:

IMG_1433.jpg

Just a reminder! ;)

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Jimmy Pribble said:
I was driving to lunch today when quite suddenly, I started thinking about the Cool Tech Roll Bar that is on my wish list. What could have jogged my memory? A calm reverie? Psychedelic drugs? Something supernatural? Oh...nevermind, it was this:

IMG_1433.jpg

Just a reminder! ;)

Hard to argue with that? Sure makes a good roll bar look inexpensive right about now!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CoolTechLLC said:
The bar is all bolt-in. (This is why we can ship fully powdercoated/finished bars.)

We retain full seat slider movement for both front seats. The rear harness bar has ideal height to correspond to Boss seat openings and proper shoulder harness angles. If you have rear seat passengers, even a moderate traffic collision could be fatal. Our bar requires a rear seat delete kit - several are available at different price points.

Regarding NHRA, I believe your need a side door brace if you run times quicker than 11.99 - which the Boss is capable to do. We are creating this as an option - working with a new customer as I write and we anticipate to have this option available within 2-weeks.

Any word on the door bar options?

TMO Supporting Vendors