The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cool VIN Plate Banner - Customized with Your VIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpm3dinc said:
Using the Ford Logo will require Ford Licensing and Design Approval from Ford.
So not sure I want to travel down that road or not.
This. The other items you've offered for sale look fine without the Ford logo.

GottaBoss said:
Close.

I'd like it to look exactly like the actual plate (photo below) including the Ford logo (and straight, of course).

After looking at the photo I think it would look nice to make the banner taller than the plate and include the silver vertical lines (above and below) that are on the manifold. This would also give you more leeway on proportion as you could include however much of the lines that works best.

DSCN3678_zps8762ded9.jpg

That's cool, GottaBoss.... my '12 Race Red is also #2692! Siblings ;D

10231725596_8c43f1830f_c.jpg

Bossing302 said:
That's cool, GottaBoss.... my '12 Race Red is also #2692! Siblings ;D

10231725596_8c43f1830f_c.jpg

Nice! Maybe well run into each other one of these days. On second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea. :)

rpm3dinc said:
Using the Ford Logo will require Ford Licensing and Design Approval from Ford.
So not sure I want to travel down that road or not.

As far as making the banner taller and including the intake moldings, that should be doable.

Maybe an oval with the owner's name would be a compromise if getting the approval is too much.

It seems unlikely that they would turn down their own plate design though.

GottaBoss said:
I saw this banner on EBay and thought it was pretty cool. I'd buy one if they' make it for the Boss. Anyone else interested?

Post here if you'd buy one for the Boss and if there's enough interest I'll send a link of this thread to the vendor and ask if they'll do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221264770341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

VINBanner_zps9b17157b.jpg

I purchased a 2012 Boss 302 C-stripe banner with the Ford logo from ridgetopdesigns. It is a high quality made in the USA product and Officially Licensed by Ford. They were also very responsive in correcting my ordering error. If Justin can't do it I would encourage you to contact them.

It's not so much about the approval process as it is the cost of the licensing. Which could be anywhere from $5,000 to $25,000, and that's only after they approve you to "receive a license".

I simply don't have that kind of money to put into a license, which is why all the stuff I have done doesn't have the Ford Logo.

Why there are ways around every license, I would prefer to do it the right way. Especially if using the Ford Logo is something you all want.

Maybe it's better if this other company that does the banners create something for us.

I don't think I could get close to their $29.99 price anyways.

rpm3dinc said:
It's not so much about the approval process as it is the cost of the licensing. Which could be anywhere from $5,000 to $25,000, and that's only after they approve you to "receive a license".

I simply don't have that kind of money to put into a license, which is why all the stuff I have done doesn't have the Ford Logo.

Why there are ways around every license, I would prefer to do it the right way. Especially if using the Ford Logo is something you all want.

Maybe it's better if this other company that does the banners create something for us.

I don't think I could get close to their $29.99 price anyways.

This may be a little out there, but if you recreate the vin plate without the oval Ford logo, I'm sure I can find an oval ford bumper sticker or the like cheap to place on the banner. I'd search for the sticker first and we could order a bunch of them. But like you said, it probably wouldn't be very profitable to try and beat $29.99. That's cheap.

Chris

Noellenchris said:
This may be a little out there, but if you recreate the vin plate without the oval Ford logo, I'm sure I can find an oval ford bumper sticker or the like cheap to place on the banner. I'd search for the sticker first and we could order a bunch of them. But like you said, it probably wouldn't be very profitable to try and beat $29.99. That's cheap.

Chris

That's a great idea Chris!

What do you think at this point Justin?

That is certainly an option (Ford Logo Sticker) that you can you put on there if you want it.
Now its about getting to a price point close to what the other company offers, which will be difficult. They obviously print their own banners, where I have to outsource that job, and $29.99 doesn't even cover the Banner Material according to one of my Outsourcing printers. So let me do some more digging and see what I can figure out.

In the meantime, it might be worth it to at least get in contact with this company and see what they would do on a BOSS PLATE Banner. Or if they would even consider doing one...

I will get pricing for a 18" X 66" and a 35" by 65" banner (larger banner for the Intake parts)

Then we could go from there, as I should be able to have pricing next week.

Sound Good?

rpm3dinc said:
That is certainly an option (Ford Logo Sticker) that you can you put on there if you want it.
Now its about getting to a price point close to what the other company offers, which will be difficult. They obviously print their own banners, where I have to outsource that job, and $29.99 doesn't even cover the Banner Material according to one of my Outsourcing printers. So let me do some more digging and see what I can figure out.

In the meantime, it might be worth it to at least get in contact with this company and see what they would do on a BOSS PLATE Banner. Or if they would even consider doing one...

I will get pricing for a 18" X 66" and a 35" by 65" banner (larger banner for the Intake parts)

Then we could go from there, as I should be able to have pricing next week.

Sound Good?

Sounds good.

I wouldn't go with the larger size if it's just to get the additional intake lines on. I was thinking of doing that only if it was necessary to fit a stock (and so less expensive) banner stock. Besides, 35"x 65" is getting awfully large IMO. Long and narrow is easier to find space for.

I'll drop a note to Ridgetop Designs and see what they say.

Here is the Revision: I adjusted a few things like fonts, shading, background now looks similar to the intake texture, and added the Full Plate Area that is on the actual intake.

I also put the Ford Logo on there (For Placement only), if I print the banners, the FORD LOGO WILL NOT BE ON THERE.
I do not wish to violate Ford's (Very Protected Logo).

I am sure if the other company does the banners they will create something similar to this, but wanted to show what I could do with only a few hours of effort.

Also these sizes are obviously meant for man-caves and garages. But what about a 1'x3' for display in the trunk?

BOSSVINBANNER2.jpg

As Justin suggested I've dropped a note to RidgeTop Designs to see what they might be willing to do and will let you know when I hear back from them.

I received a reply from RidgeTop Designs this morning. They are willing to work on a banner for us. The pricing for similar sizes is expected to be the same as their Bullitt banners. Although they didn't say specifically, my understanding is that the Ford logo would be included.

They are a little busy right now but will be sending me a proof of the design later this week. I'll keep everyone updated via this thread.

P.S. Justin at CoolRidePix is okay with this.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
GottaBoss said:
I received a reply from RidgeTop Designs this morning. They are willing to work on a banner for us. The pricing for similar sizes is expected to be the same as their Bullitt banners. Although they didn't say specifically, my understanding is that the Ford logo would be included.

They are a little busy right now but will be sending me a proof of the design later this week. I'll keep everyone updated via this thread.

AWESOME! Thanks!

I am getting the one I designed printed up for me personally for a car show this weekend. (Mine will have the Ford Logo, as its just for me). I will post images as soon as I get it. I am getting a 1.5' X 3' version so it will fit in the trunk for display.

I also created the COA document and I am having that put on Foam-Core board to display as well. (See below)

I am interested to see the design from this other company and how it compares with what I did, and if they are willing to do it I will more than likely order one from them as well.

But after we started this discussion and I did the versions I did, it made me want one for this upcoming car show this weekend, LOL.

Here is the COA document I made. I am printing it at normal size, but since I designed it I could make it whatever size I want.
I did this so I never have to remove my original from the Owner's Kit again.

Would anyone be interested in these? I would sell them cheap, (Digital File) and you can print them. They would have your information on them. Simply download to a USB Thumb Drive and take to Walmart, Staples, Office Max, FedEx, etc to have to printed.
Thinking maybe $5?
If someone sends me a pic of the Laguna Seca version of this COA I could make that as well.

I could even customize the Blue BOSS 302 Text to match your Car Color if you wanted.

BOSSCOAFINALWEB.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors