The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cool VIN Plate Banner - Customized with Your VIN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw this banner on EBay and thought it was pretty cool. I'd buy one if they' make it for the Boss. Anyone else interested?

Post here if you'd buy one for the Boss and if there's enough interest I'll send a link of this thread to the vendor and ask if they'll do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221264770341?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

VINBanner_zps9b17157b.jpg

I like it also, I also seen on their website that they have a smaller one for $29.99
http://ridge-top-designs.myshopify.com/products/1969-ford-mustang-boss-302-banner-sign-18x36

I'd personally like the smaller one if it was available.

Chris

Maybe Justin at Coolride Pix can make them.

NFSBOSS said:
Maybe Justin at Coolride Pix can make them.

I just shot Justin an email and asked him to chime in here if he's interested.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm always anxious to support forum vendors.

Let me do some checking around, but yes we could produce these.
What sizes would everyone want? So I can get quotes from my banner distributors.

3'x 2'? Or larger? Smaller?

rpm3dinc said:
Let me do some checking around, but yes we could produce these.
What sizes would everyone want? So I can get quotes from my banner distributors.

3'x 2'? Or larger? Smaller?

The plate on the manifold measures 1-1/8" x 5-3/4". So to make the banner true to scale (which I would like) would make it 1' x 5'. For those wanting something smaller it could be 6" x 2'-6" and still to scale. If they had a border like the one in the photo of, say 3", it would make the final banner in the neighborhood of 1'-6" x 5'-6" or 1' x 3'.

OR

If more rectangular would work better the two halves of the plate could be stacked instead of side-by-side as the actual plate is. So this would be 2' x 2'-6" or 1' x 1'-3" and with border 2'-6" x 3' or 1'-6" x 1'-9".

I think I did that math right, please check me. :-\

I would like the 1'-6" x 5'-6" size (with border) with the same layout as the one on the manifold.

I'm obviously open to some changes - just trying to throw out ideas to get things going.

GottaBoss said:
The plate on the manifold measures 1-1/8" x 5-3/4". So to make the banner true to scale (which I would like) would make it 1' x 5'. For those wanting something smaller it could be 6" x 2'-6" and still to scale. If they had a border like the one in the photo of, say 3", it would make the final banner in the neighborhood of 1'-6" x 5'-6" or 1' x 3'.

OR

If more rectangular would work better the two halves of the plate could be stacked instead of side-by-side as the actual plate is. So this would be 2' x 2'-6" or 1' x 1'-3" and with border 2'-6" x 3' or 1'-6" x 1'-9".

I think I did that math right, please check me. :-\

I would like the 1'-6" x 5'-6" size (with border) with the same layout as the one on the manifold.

I'm obviously open to some changes - just trying to throw out ideas to get things going.

I like these sizes as well, wow, must have been punching in numbers on the calc for a bit. :p

rpm3dinc said:
So something like this?

BOSSVINBANNER.jpg

Close.

I'd like it to look exactly like the actual plate (photo below) including the Ford logo (and straight, of course).

After looking at the photo I think it would look nice to make the banner taller than the plate and include the silver vertical lines (above and below) that are on the manifold. This would also give you more leeway on proportion as you could include however much of the lines that works best.

DSCN3678_zps8762ded9.jpg

Using the Ford Logo will require Ford Licensing and Design Approval from Ford.
So not sure I want to travel down that road or not.

As far as making the banner taller and including the intake moldings, that should be doable.

rpm3dinc said:
Using the Ford Logo will require Ford Licensing and Design Approval from Ford.
So not sure I want to travel down that road or not.

As far as making the banner taller and including the intake moldings, that should be doable.

I wouldn't be interested without the Ford logo included.

TMO Supporting Vendors