The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coolest looking child seat/booster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm planning to drive around a lot in the Boss with my boy, who turns 3 this September. He loves everything about cars and racing so I know he's gonna be just as excited about the Boss as I am. In fact he's pissed right now that my '68 is gone which he always called 'Daddy's racecar'.

In order to make it as much fun as possible for him I want to buy the absolute coolest child seat money can buy to use when we're in the Boss. Does anyone here happen to have some suggestions? Something that's both cool AND safe, of course.

The nicest thing I've found so far is this:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=recaro+child+seat&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9620591275468767606&sa=X&ei=_r6UT5SdOMWniQKKuKEV&ved=0CMoBEPMCMAU

Yep, It's Recaro, just like the seat I'll be sitting in. Yet I wonder if there's even better looking ones out there. Suggestions are welcome!

That Recaro looks nice but you better watch out as your son will be sitting in your Recaro before long!

Do some research on the seats beyond what they look like, a lot of seats have been failing the independent tests. I believe one of the Recaros failed.

CaliMR said:
Do some research on the seats beyond what they look like, a lot of seats have been failing the independent tests. I believe one of the Recaros failed.

From what I read the Recaro ProBooster scored well on tests:

master:RER028.jpg

The only downside seems to be the narrow base which makes it tilt easily when you don't have bucket seats. But guess what we have in the back of our Bosses... :D

I think I'll go for this one. I don't need the whole extra baby harness because he's already too big for that.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel