The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cooling solution at the track??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
I installed the Saleen grill, and used it the first time last weekend at BIR.
It was a cool weekend, 50-65 degrees, so not a good test.
But on 30 minute sessions, I was only getting 215-220 deg CHT.
And, I generally shift at 6,500 rpm, so that helps keep temps down too.

drano38 said:
I installed the Saleen grill, and used it the first time last weekend at BIR.
It was a cool weekend, 50-65 degrees, so not a good test.
But on 30 minute sessions, I was only getting 215-220 deg CHT.
And, I generally shift at 6,500 rpm, so that helps keep temps down too.

Cool. What CHT do you see otherwise?
I have my eye on the Saleen as well...

PS anyone able to find 5.0 Roadrunner badges for the Saleen? I see 5.0 Coyote all over ebay, but no Roadrunner :(

drano38

Wayne
I think with the stock grill last year I was hitting 230-235, but on hotter days too.

A couple years ago, I saw a place that made Saleen grill custom badges, but no idea where it was.

boro92 said:
PS anyone able to find 5.0 Roadrunner badges for the Saleen? I see 5.0 Coyote all over ebay, but no Roadrunner :(

I saw one on boss302forum and I believe the guy said he had the plate section cut out to say 5.0 something. Could always dremel it out.

TMO Supporting Vendors