The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cooltech Oil Cooler Kit Install Q's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJ
Trying to finish up the install and have a question regarding block adapter to thermostat housing hose routing. I sent Kendall/Cooltech an email yesterday but know he's a busy guy so hoping some who have done the install could comment.

According to the install instructions the adapter threads should face down and slightly forward. This leads me to believe the hoses should be routed under the sway bar and front subframe/radiator support. I tried routing both over and under and neither seem like the obvious solution to me. Over and seems like the hoses are a bit too long and pushed against the fan assembly. Under and looks like I need to trim the access panel a bit and probably tie down the hoses. Not a big deal at all but perhaps I'm missing something altogether.

OilCooler1_zps1bcab116.jpg
OilCooler2_zps9a2d1245.jpg
OilCooler3_zps3278a416.jpg

NJ
The two block adapter to thermostat housing hoses appear to be identical in length. The other two hoses (cooler to thermostat) are mounted correctly according to the instructions and fit well. The instructions make it very clear which hoses belong on which run so I don't think this is the issue. Overall the instructions are very good, expect for any picture/explanation detailing intended routing of the other two hoses.

Again, not a bid deal and I can certainly make it work. Just curious how other have routed these before I button everything up.

TMO Supporting Vendors