The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

cooltech question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i think they are a sponsor here correct?
if so, are they offering a forum discount? id like to get ahold of there harness kit and the clips but at a grand total of 610 bucks prior to shipping its a lil bit rough trying to justify the amount.

steve-o

They are not a BMO sponsor and do not offer a discount that I know of. The owner, Kendall, is a member here.

I have the CoolTech harnesses and mouting tabs and they are very nice. I think they're worth the money. When I installed them I figured I would only use them for track days. Almost a year later I still haven't used the factory seat belt again.

i ended up using pete for the items. my concern is that the clips are not fia/sfi approved from what i can tell. not that they will fail but with the stuff i am planning i dunno if she would pass tech.

i like the look of those crow harness's but i also went with system that will allow the use of the hans device.

steve-o

I just picked up a set of clips from CoolTech. They are extremely well made, and as an engineer, I will call it over engineered. IMO I can't imagine why they wouldn't pass any tech inspection.

TMO Supporting Vendors