The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Corked and uncorked at Summit Point

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A couple of little video clips from Summit Point. One with stock side exhaust restrictors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzIVMx26Tw

Then after I was tired of everyone complaining that my car was too quiet I just took them out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeixvGMVBl8

Sorry about the the shaky video. Some DUMMY did not properly tighten the camera mount.

Chuck ,
Looking good out there! It sure is fun passing the P cars!
How many have asked how come you got a Ford?
I get that a lot!
Once they run on the track they get it!

Chuck it sounds much better uncorked. I run 7/8" discs and still have not run my car uncorked. After my new race ramps arrive it will be much easier for me to pull the discs and give it a try. The Boss is so good it allows beginners like me to pass Porsche's. As a former Porsche owner it gives me great pleasure passing them. ;D

roketman said:
Chuck ,
Looking good out there!
There sure is fun passing the P cars!
How many have asked how come you got a Ford?
I get that a lot!
Once they run on the track they get it!
Ron,
That video was taken during the advanced DE that was run in along with the 20th PCA Potomac Club Race. It's amazing how much attention, questions and pic taking the Boss got surrounded by cars in the paddock costing 3 times as much and more. I let a friend who owns a GT3RS drive it. He was amazed and is seriously thinking about buying one!

I like the video's, it looks like a lot of fun. I'm am looking forward to next spring so track my car there at summit point, it'll be a first for me and my boss (the car not the wife).

ArizonaGT said:
I especially liked the inside pass on that GT3 in the 2nd vid. :)
Ford says the Boss 302's target was the M3. WAY too easy...going after GT3s is more fun. ;D

roketman said:
Chuck, I won the first race there in 1993!
I raced there in '93 too but broke a stub axle during practice. Went down the chute sideways to 5! Only thing kept the left rear wheel on the car was the caliper around the rotor. Luckily made it safely to the outside of the track without hitting anything!

TMO Supporting Vendors