The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Corner Balance "worth it"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have installed a set of MCS doubles for my CAMC car. Car tracks fine, but I now I need an alignment.

Should I take advantage of the fact that I shouldn't have to change the suspension for anything else and get a corner balance too?

If so...do I NEED adjustable endlinks for the rear or can the stocks work?

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Definitely do it if you have the funds, corner balancing is a big advantage to getting coilovers. 90% sure that you'll need adjustable endlinks to do it properly.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
TX
At its core, driving any car around a track is about managing weight transfer among other things. A corner balance will give you an understanding of where the weight is with no load. It will allow you to make specific adjustments with your suspension eg (having slightly different damping on the driver side damper to account for driver weight). Ultimately you will have more information to help you understand and manage weight transfer when at the track. Making the corner balance very worth it.

Update:

Car underwent corner balance and alignment on Saturday.

Car weight w/out driver: 3680
Car weight with driver: 3940
Start cross-weight: 53%
End cross-weight: 50%
Camber F: -3.0 (potential at -4.0 with plate maxed)
Toe F: 0
Camber rear: -2.0
Toe rear: 0.24 deg (total) IN

Car feels amazing and realized I did my last event on a crappy alignment but still performed well.

TMO Supporting Vendors