The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Corner speed vs. horsepower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The whole "consumable deal" is a two edge sword, true the lighter car will be better on brakes and tires, but there's also the cost and expense of driveline parts to consider. There's a reason that our Boss 302 car can go 50 hours between rebuilds and our brand "X" could go....uhmm about 4...maybe.

smittytx said:
In the Texas NASA region, the top of the Miata pack run the same times as the upper mid pack times in CMC

Oh don't get me wrong, I have to deal with Miatas all the time, I used to race an MG Midget, the Miata is the same idea that doesn't rust or blow up. I would submit that it takes much more skill to drive a CMC car than a Miata, those CMC cars have much more weight and no tires, where (unless someone dropped and LS-1 into it) I've never seen a Miata have to worry about "tire management".

Bobby, sorry to hear you're selling your Boss. It was great meeting you down at VIR. Hope to run into you again some time. Have fun with whatever you end up driving.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel