The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Correct Oil Viscosity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apologies in advance, as I am sure this is addressed elsewhere - but I cannot find the thread. Is the correct oil viscosity for a 2013 Boss still the 5-50 fully synthetic Motorcraft? I have heard rumor that Ford changed the recommended viscosity, but I can't seem to find anything about it on this forum, and local Ford service department doesn't know. Many thanks.

Motorcraft 5W50 full synthetic is the official Ford recommended oil. Hasn't changed that I'm aware of. Whether you actually use Motorcraft or another brand is up to you, and is the subject of much debate and personal opinion.

I believe Ford changed viscosity on the GT due to some engine component changes (e.g. oil squirters). To my knowledge, Bosses were not affected.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Pitt302 said:
My Ford dealer would only sell me Mobile 1 5w-50 full synthetic for 2013 Boss 302.I have not been able to find that grad of Mobile 1 any where else,so I keep going back to dealer for more oil.
You should be able to order 5-50 through NAPA.

TMO Supporting Vendors