The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Corsa R-Compound Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the Pirelli R-Compound Corsa tires that come standard on the Laguna Seca fit directly on the rims of a standard Boss 302? I noticed the rear rims of the LS are 1" wider. Does that matter? Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have never worked in a tire shop, nor have I done much research on the subject.

Jonathan H
Kingwood, TX

The standard Boss rear wheel is 9.5" wide and the Laguna Secas are 10" wide so 1/2" difference. If you go to the tire manufacturer's website or TireRack.com and look at the specs, it will tell you the recommended wheel width for each tire. For the 285/35/19 Pirelli Pzero Corsa they recommend a rim width of 9.5-11" so the answer is yes you can run the Corsas on the standard Boss wheel. Both Bosses use a 19 x 9 front wheel so you can put the same size 255/40/19 Corsa on as your standard Boss.

Thanks...

Do you think MT used the R-compound Corsa tires on a standard Boss 302 when they clocked Bomarito at Laguna Seca or do you think the car was stock?

TMO Supporting Vendors