The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CorteX Cambered Floating CV drive Axle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Yes, I'm a big believer in that admittedly heavy appliance. I'm going faster than I did on the very optimized upper control arm setup I had, and I've been more consistent with the car and I've eliminated a tendancy to spin in certain corners that would cost me races (I lost great positioning in about 7 races as the car was too touchy on throttle in corner exit). The Torque arm doesn't seem to have any disadvantage compared to the UCA setup (and I believe it was a compliance issue with rod end to rod end not jiving with the tires on throttle). It's resulted in a much easier car to drive at the limit, and you can save the car more easily if you tiptoe past the limit.
The torque arm was one of my first mods.
That blower motor I had on the 275 Hankooks I started with was just ridiculous.
The T/A helped quite a bit with that.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hmm,,, now thats a affordable upgrade I forgot about, and I hate my UCA anyways.
Plus you'll never have drive line angle issues as that's fixed with the T/A.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel