The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cortex or Griggs

Time to get more serious with chassis this winter, trying to decide between the Cortex Xtreme Grip Street with torque arm. And the Griggs GR40SS with Torque arm. I believe this uses koni internals, so even tho I'd order the Cortex with JRi dampers, for the purposes of this comparison, all things being even with konis on both, which is the better system? I use the car almost exclusively for track duty, and hit 11 events this year. I do drive to track, no trailering options in Manhattan! Thx in advance
 
LTNYC said:
Time to get more serious with chassis this winter, trying to decide between the Cortex Xtreme Grip Street with torque arm. And the Griggs GR40SS with Torque arm. I believe this uses koni internals, so even tho I'd order the Cortex with JRi dampers, for the purposes of this comparison, all things being even with konis on both, which is the better system? I use the car almost exclusively for track duty, and hit 11 events this year. I do drive to track, no trailering options in Manhattan! Thx in advance
The 10% off on CorteX above should answer your question. There are plenty of good options but you already know which one I'm going with.
 
NFSBOSS said:
The 10% off on CorteX above should answer your question. There are plenty of good options but you already know which one I'm going with.

Yeah I'm seeing if Filip could do a custom discount on a pkg:) but I rode in a Griggs stang a couple weeks ago, and it felt amazing!
 
Thoughts on Koni vs JRi vs Penske? For my skill level I'm guessing I wouldn't notice too much difference...? 6 yrs of DE, NASA instructor :) hoping to get into TT next season
 
LTNYC said:
Thoughts on Koni vs JRi vs Penske? For my skill level I'm guessing I wouldn't notice too much difference...? 6 yrs of DE, NASA instructor :) hoping to get into TT next season
The Koni's are throw away if they break. The JRi's can be upgraded later and remote reservoirs added if you need them. You should double check that with CorteX first. I don't know much about the Penske's other than a lot of PWC and CTSCC race teams use them.
 
FWIW, I'll tell you why I went with Cortex over Griggs since I too was looking at both when shopping around.

I choose Cortex because in all honesty Griggs was a no show in terms of support and willingness to answer questions despite me having money in hand ready to buy either package.

Cortex was far more responsive (as long as you call via phone) and willing to answer questions and just seemed more ready to do business. They have a very active Facebook page and info on what they are doing is very easy to find. Griggs, not so much.

While I'm sure Griggs has an excellent package it seemed like they weren't interested in making a sale and don't just take my word for it, look around the web and it seems to be a reoccurring theme with them.

So yes I am biased towards the Cortex setup but at the end of the day its no joke and works very well. I went with the Penske Rears on my car and have zero complaints on how they perform.
 
+1 on Griggs literally answering no questions either phone message or email. I also though the guy who started Cortex used to engineer for Griggs, if that's true than yiu get Griggs level stuff with better support and price.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top