The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CorteX Racing Product Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At the Las Vegas 50th celebration Filip from CorteX told me about two interesting new products that should be available soon. Hopefully he’ll drop me a note when they become available.

First is a complete double wishbone front suspension. This will be a complete bolt on kit that will require drilling a few holes on each side of the car. It will use the JRi dampers used on the rear so all four dampers will be the same size. This kit has been tested and is in the final stages of production.

The other is another level of JRi dampers that are single adjustable instead of the current double adjustable. This kit will adjust both compression and rebound with one adjuster. This kit will knock approximately $700 off the price of the double adjustable dampers. They will also be upgradable to double adjustable should you desire that in the future. From my conversation with JRi at SEMA last Fall their product offering appears to be a hot setup at this price point.

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-coil-over-system-jri-double-adjustable/

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-coil-over-front-struts-jri-da/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
My guess is that it's this:

IMG_0167-L.jpg

CorteX supplied their Short-Long Arm suspension conversion to be used instead. This gives the K&N Mustang RTR improved camber gain and more stable roll center geometry over the OEM struts along with higher strength thanks to tubular construction. It provides far more adjustability than the strut setup since both the upper and lower arms are adjustable.

From: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/3449/Fully-Filtered-Dave-Martis-KN-Engineering-Ford-Mustang-RTR.aspx

Look at the link and those 10 pages, beautiful detail pictures!
This S197 is mind blowing! Race car preparation at its best.
Just incredible!

NFSBOSS said:
The other is another level of JRi dampers that are single adjustable instead of the current double adjustable. This kit will adjust both compression and rebound with one adjuster. This kit will knock approximately $700 off the price of the double adjustable dampers. They will also be upgradable to double adjustable should you desire that in the future. From my conversation with JRi at SEMA last Fall their product offering appears to be a hot setup at this price point.
I wanted to provide an update on the CorteX spec'd JRi SA dampers. As I reported in April the SA dampers will be of the same high quality as the DA but at a more affordable price point. If you scroll down to the bottom of the attached link you'll see the SA rears are $795 less than the doubles and the fronts should be at least $300 less for a minimum savings of $1,100. If you're going racing you'll probably want the DA but for track days I think the SA should be the hot ticket. The SA can be upgrade to DA in the future if you so desire. The adjustment on the SA does change both compression and rebound damping curves. The SA rears are available now but the front strut cartridge is not yet available with no ETA. I saw Filip at the NorCal Shelby MiniNats last weekend at Sonoma and he told me JRi needs to make a new shorter strut cartridge shaft for Mustang fitment. It's in the queue but no date of production.

As a reminder if you're considering these make sure you spend the extra $99 for the offset strut so you can easily fit larger wheels up front.

If you're seriously considering these please send me a PM before ordering.

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-suspension-complete-system-front-rear-street/

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
Not ordering soon, but curious about your info.

NFSBOSS said:
As a reminder if you're considering these make sure you spend the extra $99 for the offset strut so you can easily fit larger wheels up front.

Not sure why that's even an option...even for most stock and off-the-shelf offsets, I think they'd fit better for most race applications.

I think the $99 extra should be for the stock offset! ;)

NFSBOSS said:
I wanted to provide an update on the CorteX spec'd JRi SA dampers. As I reported in April the SA dampers will be of the same high quality as the DA but at a more affordable price point. If you scroll down to the bottom of the attached link you'll see the SA rears are $795 less than the doubles and the fronts should be at least $300 less for a minimum savings of $1,100. If you're going racing you'll probably want the DA but for track days I think the SA should be the hot ticket. The SA can be upgrade to DA in the future if you so desire. The adjustment on the SA does change both compression and rebound damping curves. The SA rears are available now but the front strut cartridge is not yet available with no ETA. I saw Filip at the NorCal Shelby MiniNats last weekend at Sonoma and he told me JRi needs to make a new shorter strut cartridge shaft for Mustang fitment. It's in the queue but no date of production.

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-suspension-complete-system-front-rear-street/

looking forward to hearing back by email... eyeing up the Jri setup now too

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
NFSBOSS said:
The latest is the SA front JRi's don't look like they are going to happen. There's still a large savings by using the SA rears and that's probably the route I'm going.

Stay tuned for some big news on CorteX within the next two weeks. ;)

Anything GT350 related? or was that two week window approximate?

CorteX Racing said:
Although we do not have an exact date yet, JRi is building the SA front strut dampers for us right now! We hope to have these available by the end of January. The savings will not be as dramatic as the rear SA shocks however they will still be significant. Stay tuned.
That's great news. Looks like I may need to delay my purchase by a couple of weeks.

TMO Supporting Vendors