The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cortex Torque Arm and Watts: An Honest, Thorough, Track Based Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
Do you have pictures of the underside of your car where the quad exhaust is? Was just curious to see where the side exit ends up in relation to the torque arm mounting. Thanks
Sorry I don't. I will have car on lift this weekend and will take some pics.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Ann Arbor, MI
As an update, I lowered the cortex watts link to the lowest level/hole and the change in grip, compared to the hole above, was quite significant. I do not have a torque arm but I do have sway bars, rear and front.

Before, every lap risked oversteer exiting multiple corners. With the new adjustment, and no others, I did not experience oversteer once in over 40 laps. That really gave me confidence to search for new limits much more comfortably and smoothly than before.

I suspect they’ll be more adjustments to come in one or another suspension parts as I grow into the car and develop more skills on track. Fun to have those options 😀

That all was on GYF1 275’s - can’t wait to try out the Michelin slick scrubs (315’s) this season on my wider set of silver bbs’s. Track toy time

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
As an update, I lowered the cortex watts link to the lowest level/hole and the change in grip, compared to the hole above, was quite significant. I do not have a torque arm but I do have sway bars, rear and front.

Before, every lap risked oversteer exiting multiple corners. With the new adjustment, and no others, I did not experience oversteer once in over 40 laps. That really gave me confidence to search for new limits much more comfortably and smoothly than before.

I suspect they’ll be more adjustments to come in one or another suspension parts as I grow into the car and develop more skills on track. Fun to have those options 😀

That all was on GYF1 275’s - can’t wait to try out the Michelin slick scrubs (315’s) this season on my wider set of silver bbs’s. Track toy time
And the eye opening begins…..

TMO Supporting Vendors