The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CorteX Watts Link Group Buy and JRi Dampers Discount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok it's finally here, the CorteX/BMO group buy! We had hoped to do this in early January but CorteX found out at PRI last week that JRi is going to raise prices in 2015 so we decided to offer this great deal now. If you're serious about ordering the JRi dampers it's important to get your order in by December 30th so CorteX can get their order in by December 31st before the prices go up.

Watts Link Group Buy

CWL-40-2000S
Must have at least 10 participants for the group buy deal to be valid. Once 10 online orders are reached we will begin fulfilling them.
Price: $895, free shipping.
Coupon Code: BMO-WATTS14

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-watts-link-system-street-2005/

JRi Dampers will go up in cost starting January 1st, 2015. Order your set today and get a discount off existing 2014 prices!

JRi Coil Over Systems, Camber Plates Included

Choice of CCK-40-1000-JRI-DA-SA, This is a double adjustable front, single adjustable rear system
Price: $3,990 before discount, free shipping with the purchase of a Watts Link

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-coil-over-system-jri-da-sa/

Or CCK-40-1000-JRI-DA This is a double adjustable front and rear system
Price: $4,595 before discount, free shipping with the purchase of a Watts Link

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/xtreme-grip-coil-over-system-jri-da/

Your choice, 10% off list price
Coupon Code: BMO-JRI-DEC14

JRi Single Adjustable Front Struts & Rear Shocks - Pre Order
We expect to be delivering these at the end of January 2015
CCK-40-1000-JRI-SA
Price: $3595, free shipping with the purchase of a Watts Link

http://www.cortexracing.com/shop/cortex-jri-xtreme-grip-coil-system-single-adjustable-front-rear-2005-2014-mustang/

Free Shipping on the Coil Overs if you also order a watts link. Don't forget to add the offset struts.

Ordered:
F.D. Sako 12/22/14
Rick 12/23/14

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Willing to be number 10 on the watts link...not sure if 10 days is enough to get enough buyers in. :(

Noticed that the DA-SA with the discount is $4 cheaper than the SA pre-order without the discount. Is that correct?

Grant 302 said:
Willing to be number 10 on the watts link...not sure if 10 days is enough to get enough buyers in. :(

Noticed that the DA-SA with the discount is $4 cheaper than the SA pre-order without the discount. Is that correct?
Yep the 10 days is tight for sure, especially at this time of year. But with the prices going up the discount would mostly be lost so...

Yes the price is correct, no discount on the SA fronts. The reason for that is the pricing on them is still not firm from JRI and there isn't that much markup on the dampers.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
CorteX Racing said:
If you read over the Watts link group buy details it does not imply that it ends this year. For that matter, the JRi offer does not either, however I will tell you that the JRi discount code will only last until Jan 3rd, 2015.

That's a bit of relief. :)

CorteX Racing said:
If you read over the Watts link group buy details it does not imply that it ends this year. For that matter, the JRi offer does not either, however I will tell you that the JRi discount code will only last until Jan 3rd, 2015.

Is there a projected "should buy before" date? I'm just looking at the Watts link right now, the dampers are great, but I have a trans to get rebuilt as well so funds got kinda swallowed up this year :mad:

I've been waiting for these discounts for a while, but man did it come during a tough time... financial-wise!

Question for Cortex, Can we use the Watts-link with the stock boss suspension, or do we need to purchase adjustable upper/lower control arms?

CorteX Racing said:
The watts link will work perfectly well stand-alone with no other mods.

That's great to hear. I'm definitely down for the watts link, anyone keeping a list?
I think I'm going to have to postpone a whole suspension overhaul at this time :(

cortexracing

Supporting Vendor
BMO members, the details of how the watts link group buy is set up is detailed below. If any of you are local and plan to have us install the watts link for you just let us know during check out in the notes and we will hold your watts link until you bring your car in. Thank you!

The group buy offer for the watts links started on December 18 and will expire on January 18, 2015. The coupon code has a 10-use limit. Once the 10 coupon codes are used up we will begin shipping of those orders and the offer will be over.

CorteX Xmas 2014_v1_sm.jpg

I placed my watts-link order today. Hoping we get 10 people on board, because this is my Christmas gift to myself. So, I'm counting on this GB for my gift, don't let me down! :eek:

Question, does the watts-link kit come with torque specs, installation and tuning instructions? Because I have no idea how to align and tune a watts-link!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
F.D. Sako said:
Question, does the watts-link kit come with torque specs, installation and tuning instructions? Because I have no idea how you align and tune a watts-link!

All the Cortex stuff I've seen has very detailed instruction packages with illustrations from actual vehicles and/or CAD.

F.D. Sako said:
Question, does the watts-link kit come with torque specs, installation and tuning instructions? Because I have no idea how to align and tune a watts-link!

Cortex will email the instructions or a link to download them to you after you place your order. The instructions are well detailed with photos & drawings and include torque specs.

There used to be a Vehicle Tuning link on their home page (it missing now) with suspenion recommendations to correct vehicle handling issues including when to change the watts link pivot location. These guidelines are at: http://www.cortexracing.com/tuning-guide/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel