The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COSTA MESA FIRE CAPTAIN DIES 2 DAYS AFTER BEING STRUCK BY DUI SUSPECT WHILE CYCLING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not soon enough. As a cyclist I'm always concerned about the cars around me and I recently added a rear view mirror so I can better see what's behind me. RIP

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I walk a lot, like 10 miles a day, and mostly on roads with no sidewalks. Amazing the number of drivers that will not move over an inch, they just drive by in their own little world it seems. I would say at most 40% of drivers move toward the center of the road, the rest just weave on down the road.

Today's roads are a lot more dangerous than in yrs past! Distracted drivers with their smart phones have much more important things to do than drive when they're behind the wheel............Yrs back, I rode my 10 spd a lot..I'd be scared to do that today.

Sad. I will never, ever ride a bicycle on the street for this very reason. People like to think they're in control of their lives, yet will freely hand it over to a drunk stranger. At least when I mountain bike I am in control of whether or not I get killed.

Today's roads are a mess! Distractions are a mile a minute. Alcohol and drugs were, (maybe not to the extent as today) always there, but throw in those damn phones now and the increase in the average car's Hp and we're talking about a lethal trip to the store, Please be careful.I didn't even mention driver courteousness which has disappeared for the most part!!!!!!............

TMO Supporting Vendors