The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COTA Nov 28-89

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Ok, anyone going to COTA on the 28th and 28th of November? Chin Motorsports is running the event and they are the best club I have ever run with. It's expensive, $999 for two days but you get 3 hours of track time each day. There is also and additional 30 minute warm-up session in the morning so that's 3 1/2 hours each day. I wasn't going to go but it will be the last event of the year for me and the weather history for the same time last year was a high of 73 and a low of 56. Maybe we could get a group together and share a garage.

Adam

Edit: Are there any other sources aside from John Berget and GT Track days for take-off slicks? Thanks

Polaristxguy said:
I've was toying with the idea of going but the holiday weekend is the only time to see my kids (home from college).
Take them with you!

That track looks awesome and maybe someday I'll get a chance to drive it. I'll for sure hit the F1 race there next year.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
12047709_966109833448285_1433948698_n_zpsegaos5tb.jpg

Off topic but in preparation for COTA I am getting some new rubber...

So in my dilemma to buy some new slicks I decided to write all the data down so I could better compare my options. After collecting the information I think I have decided I am going to try the Yokohama 300/650/18's (A005). I have run the Pirelli 305/660's and the Conti 305/650's before. The Pirellis are significantly more narrow but were still faster for me. I am leaning toward trying the Yokohama's based on them only having one heat cycle and I'm getting them for $100 a tire. I wanted to stay as close to the stock diameter as possible which would mean the Conti's in 305/650 but I haven't had the greatest luck with them. The Conti's are harder than the Pirelli's but they didn't last as long, were slower, and less predictable. I think the reason they didn't last as long is because I slid more on the Conti's than the Pirelli's. Please let me know what you think

Adam

Note: Interesting that the 305 Pirelli slicks were more narrow than the stock Pirelli PZero's.

Edit: I wrote down the wrong sizes for the stock Pirelli's. Overall diameter is 27.2" for the front and 26.9" in the rear.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel