The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coyote Solid lash adjusters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know of anyone running solid lash adjusters for the Coyote? I was going to get a set for my 4v Cobra many years back but when Houston Performance destroyed my heads I never got to install and run them. I did see several Dyno tests they picked up a tremendous gain on the 4v 4.6 and I remember one SCCA team running them but lost the article.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Anyone know of anyone running solid lash adjusters for the Coyote? I was going to get a set for my 4v Cobra many years back but when Houston Performance destroyed my heads I never got to install and run them. I did see several Dyno tests they picked up a tremendous gain on the 4v 4.6 and I remember one SCCA team running them but lost the article.
Sadly Coyote applications require shims or machining to spec. The lifters are too small for threaded adjuster to work. Cool idea though, and worth it in an all out high rpm 8500+ build.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to go with Steve on this one, but I did want to say a friendly hello as I know your brother , RACE4BEER , and wanted to wish you and he a prosperous 2021 !

TX
Maybe try reaching to MPR or RPG and see if they’re using anything similar in their high HP builds?

TMO Supporting Vendors