The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cquartz finest on GT350R front wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drove my new 350R off the showroom after it arrived this week. Car is awesome. I'm taking it to my detail guy who is going to coat the car with 3 coats of cquartz Finest next week. Does anyone know if I can put the cquartz coating on the interior of the front wheels where ford has already coated the wheels with the ceramic coating? My detail guy does a wheels off coating on the fender wells, shocks, springs and interior of the wheels. Any help or guidance is appreciated..

If you're going to track your car you may not want to use it on the inside of the front wheels. The white coating is for heat protection of the CF and I wouldn't do anything that might compromise that protection. If those wheels won't see the track then go for it.

We need photos of your car. ;D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Is this something a mere mortal could attempt trying to do himself or is it just better left for the professional detailer?

Thanks voodoo boss for the info. I am going to track the car eventually. But not in the near future. I have a boss I use as my track car..

Waiting on a clear day for my photos. I will post when I get them.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel