The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Cracked Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Today I was looking over my tires and I noticed between the treads there are small cracks on all the tires. My car has only 3,100 miles on the odometer and the car is a 2012. Has anyone else experienced this problem and what have you done?

Any chance the tires have been exposed to freezing temperatures?

These kinds of tires don't like cold temps

I seem to recall there being some form of tire warranty, but don't remember the details

Might be worth looking into

Thank you VTBoss302, Yes the tire were exposed to freezing temperatures this year, I will call the dealer on Tuesday. If I would have known about exposing them to the cold I would have stored them in a heated garage over the winter.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Boss 1934 said:
No just the regular Boss.

then I believe those are not R Comp tires and even though they are summer tires they really shouldn't crack unless they were exposed to some very cold temperatures. I would check to see if they're covered under the warranty.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel