The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Crank case relearn and clutch issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was thinking I had a problem with my clutch these last few months. I had a Spec 1 and it was slipping quite a bit at the track and I could smell it. So I upgraded to a Spec 2+ and had the same problems, but no smell (not organic). This only happened at the track.

Is it possible that I have it all wrong and the issue is not doing a crank case relearn?? I had no wrench lights or codes so I though I was fine. The symptom is a loss of power coming out of a curve as you try to accelerate. It felt kind of like a slipping clutch but there was no racing of the engine.... just a lack of power that would come back on its own a second or so late .... Could it be that the pcm is pulling timing because its all freaked out over the pulse ring???

I took my sct X4 and went to check, while trying to do the relearn it said Missfire detected and I had to try again. After a bit, the relearn went though ok and I will track the car this weekend.

Is this a valid possibility?? Or do I have a problem with the throwout bearing or some such??
You have to do a relearn or you will get misfire codes. I know from experience.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Sydney
When I looked at the 300, 307 and 316 codes, the possible causes included fuel issues. To me, a random no-start condition is more likely fuel related than crank sensor related. Are you sure that you've got fuel pressure?

BTW - love Sydney - lived in Blues Point Towers for six months back in the 90's.

so far all i have from ford is

"Fuel pressure during non-start to spec - ignition coil triggers are present during non-start event - power present for coils during non-start event - inspection of pcm connectors and pins for damage all look ok

suspect ecu maybe the cause - however we are unable to communicate with the ECU"

do you think my tune has corrupted (lund tune)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel