The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Crashed Boss in repair mode.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks Guys! That got me on the right track. In the end bought almost everything at Tasca since it will ship together and with one big big bill for customs etc. Buying used fenders etc was only 10 bucks cheaper then new and the separate shipping costs where to high. Any ways we are painting all kinds of things so one more will not hurt. Got my labor worked out as a fixed package deal so I have the damage all costed out. Nice to take that variable away.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Its a real pain in the butt, but the only decent way to get parts here!!! Ford Chile charges 3 to 4 times more for parts, then the option of importing from the USA yourself!!

Still trying to meet a Mid May deadline for the third race of the season. Before the crash the car was running within a few tenths of the leader so I am still hopefull that we can come back and win this year again.

We will be lighter.... (me and the car) No food after spending all the cash on car parts!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well dang, Mad, I got my car lighter also, but I think I will avoid the crashing of my Boss , concurrent with spending loads of cash, so food is no longer affordable. I too need to lose some weight, but your method appears a bit harsh to me, ha?!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Cross your fingers. Even if it's bent, it can be straightened. Sections can be cut and replaced. Not amateur stuff but it can be done.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Ok, about to add my Setrab oil coolers.... After checking my wallet and the btu's

Engine oil cooler in series with OEM cooler..... Setrab 934
Tranny cooler for the MT82/pump setup........ Setrab 915 (but not behind the bumper, in full view)

Any thoughts??? together thats about $600 placed in Florida.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
915 should be OK for the trans. I am using a 619 for my trans cooler, should be roughly equivalent surface area. Downside is I don't have temperature data--just hoping that it being there is helpful. If you have it in direct airflow it should work well.

934 should be fine with the stock cooler in unison. I eliminated the factory oil cooler on my car and went to a standalone 948 since the oil temps were spiking the coolant temps.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
934 should be fine with the stock cooler in unison. I eliminated the factory oil cooler on my car and went to a standalone 948 since the oil temps were spiking the coolant temps.
Agreed - should be. But I don't think his Mishimoto? is as good as your C&R and it has to handle the additional 16,000 to 25,000+ btu/hr (minimum) transferred from the OEM cooler...And it's still capable of transferring more, say in the 40,000-60,000 range.

Hatter, are you going to monitor trans temps?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes I put in a trans temp gauge for the enduro.... With out the pump going temps went to almost 300. With the pump going, went down 25 degrees. But the oil cooler was very small..... Was the engine oil cooler from a 2cv Citroen Lol

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Finally got the measurements in. The driver side shock tower is is 5mm inwards (towards the engine) and 2mm back. Not so bad considering!! TASCA still has my 163 pieces on order.... Hope it ships soon!! Race day is 31 days away!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors