The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Crazy Hawaiian Races his GT 350 at Tracks all over the Continental US !!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the great pics VelBlu32. Calabogie is in the top 5 as one of my favorites. The track and people are the best!! The friendship and comraderie at that track from Owners to Management down to us lowly racers is second to non. Everyone wants to make sure you are having a good experience. The golf at the Highlands was one of the best values I ran across. I think I played 6 or 7 rounds in 4 days.
Have a great winter and hopefully I will see you up there next year.
Bob

Ah the promised land, Laguna Seca! Have fun.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The track on Oahu sounds great, but have a feeling the one envisioned by Kona Bob and his friends will be just like the Big Island ---bigger track , bigger speeds and bigger fun!!! With a road course likely to be well over 2 miles long, 1/4 mile drag strip , etc, things are just bigger on the island of Hawaii!

I think the big sweeper on the course should be called the KonaBob Curve, haha!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Long road trip. I guess I'll have to get a trailer..;)

A trailer which can hold a 20' sea can. Then all you have to do is drop the container at the nearest port or rail facility. :rolleyes:

Has Bob mentioned the possibility of a few rental cars??

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The track is a work in progress and in the future, but I imagine that Bob and friends , if they succeed in developing the land and getting locals to approve, it would be the basis of a strong Manufacturer presence and I would imagine a driving school that could operate year round? I sent out inquiries to some friends I know to see if there would be any interest if a track did get built in the next decade? So far I think the progress and development will hinge on the support on Hawaii and if enough visionaries sign on to build. Bob is a realist and knows there are hurdles , but then he is also very much a visionary too --- 20 tracks in a year shows his interest to view what works and what doesn't at road courses and facilities around North America.

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Aloha !! I've been to Oaho and Maui. They are both beautiful and a nice constant 75 degrees all year!! What a paradise for a track although some of the terrain would be a challenge to develop I'm sure and the cost.....whew!!! It would be amazing to see this come together!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The area on the Big Island that is the possible site of consideration is a large lava field from an old eruption. We are talking a very big area that isn't of much use for anything and building a track there would be a positive use for an arid piece of ground.

Aloha Addicts
I have finally been reviewing some of my videos and found this one that is quite humorous. Alot of people thought I was trailering the car from event to event but no I drove it and lived out of it for 7 months and 25,000+ miles so here is a video showing how it all went together. The funniest realization is that it all had to come out to run every event and then all go back in on Sunday night! Feel free to comment. People who I stayed with and watched the process got a few laughs seeing it all out and then back in.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Here is the link for the video, enjoy

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Aloha Bob , Wow!! even David Copperfield would be impressed with that disappearing act!! Are you sure that wasn't trick photography? LOL :D.
It looked like you could still add more!!

Merry Christmas !!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Great job Bob! And great job hiding the nitrous bottle! Sounded like you took a few shots yourself. LOL.

EDIT: Just realized that it's nitrogen that does that, not nitrous. Hangs head in shame...

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
And I thought I was good at packing the cars back in the days before the trailer. Being anal about packing is an art my friend and you have it down pat Kona Bob. Job well done!

Bay Area
I’ve seen people have a more difficult time loading a truck up with less gear than that. Haha. The only thing missing from the video was Benny Hill music as you sped it up. Great video. Shaka brah and Mele Kalikimaka.

TMO Supporting Vendors